Do wild horses deserve their place in America?
- Wild Horses were established and evolved in North America long before Man arrived. They were here first and should have always been considered as ‘wildlife’.
- About the time ancient Man arrived, the Wild Horses disappeared in North America.
- When re-introduced to America by Man horses were long used as one of Man’s greatest tools, were dependent on horses to survive, and for human transportation until recent Railroads and Automobiles were invented.
- When you think of the ‘Old West’ or ‘Wild West’, you think of horses.
- Both Cattle Ranchers and the BLM control much of the Land in the Western US, and both consider wild horses as pests. Cattle Ranchers work closely with the BLM, and want cheap grazing land.
- Since the 1971 Wild Horse & Burro Act was establishd, over 50% of the original land set aside for horses by Congress has been removed from the horses by the BLM. The numbers of horses have been greatly reduced by the BLM.
- No other wild species in America has realized such a huge population decrease since 1900, but especially in the last 20 years. Yet the BLM still falsely tells the American Public that Wild Horses are overpopulated.
- At the rate the BLM is removing the horses by the thousands from Public Land, it won’t be long and the Wild Horses will again be extinct in North America because of Man and greed.
Meanwhile, Cattle originated in Asia. It was the horse that moved cattle into the American West by cattle drives. It was horses that were hitched to the front of a wagon, pulling settlers into the American West, while a milk cow was tethered to the back of the wagon.
You decide. Do Wild Horses deserve to live in America?
Be sure to see Channel 8 Las Vegas News Report…
I-Team Special: The Stampede to Oblivion