August 1, 2011
Please write or fax in your comments TODAY!
The BLM is proposing possible bait trapping and removal of more horses from Pryor Mountain in 2012, which is the ONLY WILD HORSE HERD left in Montana! Remember there was a large round-up in late 2009, and many horses were removed from the approx. 38,000 acres. There are approx 150 adult horses on Pryor Mountain and 17 foals.
Reply before the August 31, 2011 deadline!!!
Read BLM’s Report here
– There should be 150+ adult wild horses in each herd area for safe genetics, and yet the BLM wants 90 or fewer
– Say no to a possible future roundup or bait trapping of any kind!
SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO:
Jim Sparks, Field Manager, BLM Billings Field Office, 5001 Southgate Drive, Billings, MT 59101
or by fax (406) 896-5281.
-The BLM is not accepting emails or phone calls
October 13, 2009
Raven, one of the few images I have of him before he passed on...
Do wild horses deserve their place in America?
- Wild Horses were established and evolved in North America long before Man arrived. They were here first and should have always been considered as ‘wildlife’.
- About the time ancient Man arrived, the Wild Horses disappeared in North America.
- When re-introduced to America by Man horses were long used as one of Man’s greatest tools, were dependent on horses to survive, and for human transportation until recent Railroads and Automobiles were invented.
- When you think of the ‘Old West’ or ‘Wild West’, you think of horses.
- Both Cattle Ranchers and the BLM control much of the Land in the Western US, and both consider wild horses as pests. Cattle Ranchers work closely with the BLM, and want cheap grazing land.
- Since the 1971 Wild Horse & Burro Act was establishd, over 50% of the original land set aside for horses by Congress has been removed from the horses by the BLM. The numbers of horses have been greatly reduced by the BLM.
- No other wild species in America has realized such a huge population decrease since 1900, but especially in the last 20 years. Yet the BLM still falsely tells the American Public that Wild Horses are overpopulated.
- At the rate the BLM is removing the horses by the thousands from Public Land, it won’t be long and the Wild Horses will again be extinct in North America because of Man and greed.
Meanwhile, Cattle originated in Asia. It was the horse that moved cattle into the American West by cattle drives. It was horses that were hitched to the front of a wagon, pulling settlers into the American West, while a milk cow was tethered to the back of the wagon.
You decide. Do Wild Horses deserve to live in America?
Be sure to see Channel 8 Las Vegas News Report…
I-Team Special: The Stampede to Oblivion